Tribal Government & News
Tribal Council appoints committee and board members
Tribal Council appoints committee, board members
For the second meeting in a row, Tribal Council dealt with a slew of appointments and re-appointments to Tribal committees and special event boards at its April 16 meeting.
During the meeting, Tribal Council:
- Appointed Jamie Adams to the Social Services Committee;
- Re-appointed Mike Colton, Marline Groshong and Matt Thomas to the Ceremonial Hunting Board;
- Re-appointed Linda Brandon, Marcus Gibbons and Margaret Provost to the Culture Committee;
- Re-appointed Kevin Schultz to the Fish & Wildlife Committee;
- Re-appointed Gladys Hobbs, Bernadine Shriver and Patti Tom-Martin to the Health Committee;
- Appointed Dakota Whitecloud and Steve Bobb Sr. to the Grand Ronde Tribal Housing Authority Board;
- And appointed Steve Bobb Sr. and re-appointed Wayne Chulik, Reina Nelson and Wink Soderberg to the Veterans Special Event Board.
In addition, Tribal Council approved enrollment of four infants into the Tribe and relinquishment requested by one Tribal member, and adopted amendments to the Rodeo Special Event Board bylaws.
Tribal Council also approved the Tribe's application to the U.S. Department of Labor's Employment and Training Administration for Workforce Investment Act service to Polk and Yamhill counties. If funding is received, the Tribe would provide employment and training services to Native Americans and Alaskan/Hawaiian Natives in the two counties.
The grant sum, if awarded, will be an allocation based on the service population and the total Workforce Investment Act funds available, said Tribal Planning and Grants Manager Kim Rogers.
Also included in the April 16 Tribal Council packet was an authorization to proceed that changes the meeting time of the April 30 Tribal Council meeting to 10 a.m. "to allow sufficient time to address proposed disenrollment actions."
Tribal Council member Jon A. George and Tribal members Jade Unger, Travis Stewart and Marcus Gibbons provided the cultural drumming and singing to open the meeting.