Health & Education
Changes announced to Skookum Health Plan
For Tribal members residing in the counties of Washington, Multnomah, Tillamook, Yamhill, Polk and Marion, you will soon be receiving a new Skookum card with changes to your health plan ID number. This does NOT affect Tribal employees with the Shasta employee plan.
We are making a few changes to your health plan group identifier, which means that you will need a new ID card.
- The first three letters of your current ID number will be changing from GRT to GRC.
- Your current ID number looks like: GRT123456.
- Your new ID number will look like: GRC123456.
- Your ID number affects how your claims are paid, so to ensure your claims are paid correctly, please THROW OUT your old card and KEEP the new card starting with the GRC ID number
- When you go to a doctor, dentist, pharmacy or eye doctor, make sure you give the provider your new ID card so the bill will be processed for payment correctly.
- The final change relates to your Explanation of Benefits (EOB). Going forward you will only receive an EOB if you owe the provider a portion of the claim costs or if the claim has been denied.
- If you have any questions on the above changes, please call Shasta Administrative Services' Customer Service at 1-800-880-5877 or Contract Health Services at 1-800-775-0095.
Again, these changes only affect Tribal members residing in Washington, Multnomah, Tillamook, Yamhill, Polk and Marion counties! This does not affect Tribal employees.